Post by Brian and Alison-
The 2018 Royal Rumble was a success! We had great athletes putting out huge efforts, CFO judges and members making sure the event ran smoothly on a hot day in a hotter gym.
We had 67 athletes converge on our gym to move a ton of weight, do gymnastics and jump. Jump a lot. The Dog Collar match went off smooth. As the heat set in, the Royal Rumble workout turned from a tough workout to a test of will. In a oven.
We couldn’t have done it without our crew. Giant thanks to Denny, Bob & Tricia, Desiree & Jeff, Jess, Robin, Gloria, John Lindblom, Christine, Jack, Tim, Marci, Kelly & Josh. You can thank Bryce and Jess for pulling the gym back together with Brian and I today.
Tim and Marci kept the Cage Match, with Muscle Ups and Burpee Pullups, which Bryce built, on lock.
(Alison) I want to give a shout out to Brian. We have run over 10 competitions at CrossFit Oakdale, approximately 4 of them have had Brian with the microphone. He spends 8 hours counting down, chatting up and entertaining the crowd. He is not just a pretty face or a programming genius. He is truly an brilliant entertainer. Our competitions would not be the same without him on the mic.
Finally, the athletes took on the king and queen of lifts: the Clean & Jerk and Snatch. Heavy barbells were moved and the following athletes made the podium:
Men’s Masters Scaled
1. Bon Neovokuln- CrossFit San Ramon
2. Ronnie Webb – CrossFit Tracy
3. Cliff Chapman – CrossFit Tracy
Women’s Masters Scaled
1. Stacy Mortensen – CrossFit Rugged Edge
2. Jolissa Welch – CrossFit Rapid Fire
3. Leah Pearl – CrossFit Rugged Edge
Men’s Masters RX
1. Gary Everhart – CrossFit Excel
2. John Slater – CrossFit Sonora
3. Trent Diehl – Another Level CrossFit
Women’s Masters RX
1. Jennifer Moran- CrossFit Sonora
1. John McElwain – Next Level Fitness Academy
2. Juan Perez – Next Level Fitness Academy
3. Derek Stanton – CrossFit Plainfield
1. Alexandra Covarrubias – CrossFit Parabellum
2. Brittany Nowlin – CrossFit Rapid Fire
3. Briana Green – CrossFit Parabellum
1. Christian Acosta – CrossFit Cheyenne
2. Daniel Frazier – CrossFit Lodi
3. Mike Thomas – Another Level CrossFit
1. Annie Marshall – Hidden Alley CrossFit
2. Shannon Courtney – Resident CrossFit
3. Sonia Martinez – CrossFit Rapid Fire
Spirit of the Royal Rumble
Ronnie Webb – CrossFit Tracy
Workout of the Day
5 sets of 3, 70%
Build to a heavy single in 20 minute
Use the re-rack protocol – drop the bar from overhead, strip the bar if you need to, and perform 3 touch and go power cleans for the re-rack.
Post by Brian and Alison-